Greetings from the Delta !
- Sugar and I are getting settled in our new house in Greenwood, Ms.
Gotta ton of boxes to unpack, kinda like Christmas with stuff we already own !
Met Mr. James Poe from the Delta's Blues Radio WABG ... had a great time at the station being interviewed about BluesGate and spinning some BG recordings, including the Paul Pfau Blues Band.
Poe has launched a kickstarter project for a worthy cause. Hit the link and donate a coupla bucks if you are so inclined.
Got the usual jams this week with the usual suspects, PLUS a new Saturday night open mic ...
Monday at Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick your jam hosts are Ricky Ford (blues radio host at WHSC in Shepherdstown) with Paul Shultzaberger on drums and Ted Jenkins on bass. 7:30-10:30 ... we started with over 60 folks in attendance and we need to get back to that level if we're to continue much longer. It's a great scene, cool room, good people ... hope you'll check it out.
Thursday at LongShots in Charles Town we jam with your hosts Ricky Ford, Milkfoot and Scot Leinke. 8-11 pm and always a good time.
Ted Jenkins and Friends also host a cool jazz jam (hot jazz jam !) at J&H every Thursday 7:30-10:30.
Saturday the 21st we kick off and open mic at Country Roads in Hedgesville from 8-11 pm ... your host is Rob Rowe from the band UnWound ...
bring your voice and/or instrument of choice and play some rock, country and blues.
Thanks for your continued support !
Living in the Delta ...
- Haven't posted here in a little while ... been busy moving to the Mississippi Delta, house hunting and exploring a few towns around the Greenwood area. Jams still going strong in my absence at Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick every Monday night and at LongShots Billiards in Charles Town every Thursday. Will post details soon. Thanks !
jammin' out July !
- Monday July 29th at Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick we jam 7:30-10:30.
I'm hosting on bass for the last time before I depart for the Mississippi Delta ...
with Ricky Ford on guitar and vocals and Andy Conversano on drums.
Thursday Aug. 1st BluesGate Jams continues at LongShots Billiards from 8-11 pm.
Milkfoot will take over hosting and bass duties and your host band is Chopper's I-IV-V's.
Remember, our good friend Ted Jenkins and his crew host a jazz jam every Thursday at Jekyll & Hyde starting at 7:30.
Aug. 3rd is our fourth BG FanFest on the Potomac River near Harpers Ferry.
I'll be there to say goodbye and party with you !
It's an all day jam party ... reply if you need directions.
Thanks for five years of friendship and support.
Stay tuned for more news on "Bluesgate in the Delta" !
Hot fun in the Summertime !
- Hello, July ! ... here's your Monday jam host line-up for Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick ... 7/1 Fred Tepper, 7/8 Dave Gorozdos, 7/15 Christopher Leipold, 7/22 Ricky Ford, 7/29 TBA ... here's your Thursday jam host line-up for LongShots Billiards in Charles Town ... 7/4 No jam, Happy Birthday U.S.A. ! ... 7/11 Milkfoot, 7/18 Eric Selby & Friends (give the drummer some love !), 7/25 Jimmy Long ... ... and please mark your calendars for August 3rd for our fourth annual BluesGate Fan Fest on the Potomac ! yep, it's an all day free river party jam !!!
“If a June night could talk, it would probably boast that it invented romance.” Bern Williams quote
- ... and live, local music ! ... Jamming Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick every Monday 7:30-10:30 with your host bands Dave Gorozdos & Friends (6/3), Fred Tepper & Friends (6/10), Milkfoot & the MaleMen (6/17) and Jimmy Long Trio (6/24) ..... Jamming LongShots Billiards in Charles Town 8-11 pm with Milkfoot & the MaleMen (6/6), Jimmy Long Trio (6/13), BluesGate All-Stars (6/20) and Eddie Gumm's Mayhem (6/27) ..... I will also be filling in on bass for Chopper's I-IV-V Band on 6/14 from 8-11 pm in concert at the BlackThorne Inn on Rt. 50 in Upperville, Va. (no cover) ..... Please also remember to mark your calendar for our Fourth Annual BG FanFest on the Potomac near Harpers Ferry, an all day jam party on August 3rd. ..... Thank you for your friendship and support, as always your questions, comments and suggestions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/bluesgate. See ya soon !
Is "Spring Cleaning" a valid excuse for falling behind updating this site ?
- Been "spring cleaning" my house and my life ... all good. Here's the skinny on the rest of May. I'll update the calendar widget soon.
Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick, Blue Monday jams every week 7:30-10:30 pm with your hosts Paul Pfau Trio (May 13th), Kenny Leiby & friends (May 20th). We get some awesome talent (some travel an hour or more) and if you're a fan of every kind of electric blues it will be worth your time to come hear and enjoy what we do ...
LongShots Billiards in Charles Town jam every Thursday from 8-11 pm with your hosts Jimmy Long Trio with Eric Selby on drums (May 9th), Dave Gorozdos on keys with Paul Shultzaberger on drums and I got da bass as usual, special guest Milkfoot on guitar (May 16th), Fred Tepper & Friends (May 23rd) and R. Ford from radio station WSHC 89.7 FM on guitar and vocals with Jamie Leonard on drums and I got the bass as usual (LOL) ...
Hope to see you soon and please help us spread the word. Thanks.
Springin' into April 2013 !
- Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick we jam every Monday from 7:30-10:30 pm. April's host bands are led by Dave Gorozdos, Paul Pfau (4/8), Kenny Leiby, Carl Jasper and Jimmy Long on 4/29. It's a great room to play, we get good attendance and everyone is welcome. ---- LongShots Billiards on Rt. 340 in Charles Town we jam every Thursday 8-11 pm. This month's host bands led by Milkfoot, Jimmy Long, Eddie Gumm and Eddie Becker ---- both venues have a large stage, dance floor, PA, drums and back line are provided. Jammers sign up to play. ---- J&H is a non smoking venue, LongShots allows smoking. ---- more details, pics and vids at www.facebook.com/bluesgate. Thanks !
The cure for Cabin Fever ... welcome Spring !
- March 18th Milkfoot's Live Steam Blue Band hosts Blue Monday jam at Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick 7:30-10:30 pm ____ also on 3/18 our CountryGate open mic continues at 1861 Saloon behind the Casino in Charles Town 8-11 pm hosted by Rob Rowe ____ on Thursday 3/21 the Open Jam is at LongShots in Charles Town host by former frontman for T.O. & the MudCats, Mr. Wildman Eddie Gumm & Friends ____ Blue Monday jam on 3/25 at Jekyll & Hyde hosted by Paul Pfau and Friends www.paulpfaumusic.com ____ and remember our CountryGate open mic the same night at 1861 Saloon 8-11 pm for a honky tonkin' good time ____ Thursday's jam at LongShots 3/28 brings the return of Jimmy Long (Mercy, Mercy)& Friends as your host band. Plenty of great music ... come get you some ! Thanks.
March 10-14 ... four events !
- BG's last Sunday open mic today at Dubvpub Martinsburg with Justin L P Lowans hosting 7-10 pm ... Monday we jam in Frederick at Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant & Tavern 7:30-10:30 pm hosted this week by Kenny Leiby, Andy Conversano Sr and me ... Monday we also continue our "CountryGate" series of open mics at 1861 Saloon behind the casino in Charles Town 8-11 pm hosted this week by Rob Rowe ...
Thursday March 14th we jam at Longshots Billiards in Charles Town 8-11 pm hosted this week by Frederic Tepper & Friends ... Come get YOU some !
week of March 3rd ...
- Sunday we bring you Rob Rowe hosting our open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg 7-10 pm ...
Monday we jam 7:30-1030 pm at Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant & Tavern in Frederick hosted by Duffy Kane & Friends ...
Monday we also continue our new series of "CountryGate" open mics 8-11 pm at 1861 Saloon behind the Casino in Charles Town with this week's hosts Ted Jenkins and Connie Guy ...
Thursday we jam "back home" at Longshots Billiards 8-11 pm and I'm hosting with Milkfoot, J.R. Everhart and Ricky Wilkens on keys (we're also expecting guest sets by one or two hot local bands, stay tuned for more details) ...
What can I say ? Whole lotta shakin' goin' on ! Thanks !
For those jazz lovers and players near Frederick ... Ted Jenkins & Friends host a jazz jam at Jekyll & Hyde Tavern every Thursday 7-10:30 pm.
More February news ...
- Here's da deal on the rest of this month ... 2/21 we're gonna jam the roof off of LongShots Billiards in Charles Town 8-11 pm with the dynamic Eddie Gumm (formerly T.O. & the Mudcats) on git and vocals, Jon Kalbaugh (Pocket Deep) on drums, special guest Martin Abramo on harp, and I get to play bass ... it's a jam, sign up and join us. Sunday 2/24 open mic at Dub V Pub in Martinsburg 7-10 pm hosted by the amazing Duffy Kane.... Monday 2/25 we jam the blues at Jekyll & Hyde Tavern in Frederick 7:30-10:30 and your host band is fronted by Dave Gorozdos on keys and vocals, Gwen Frederick on drums, I got da bass and Milkfoot makes a special guest appearance on guitar (also usually vids and records the mayhem) ... We're also into our new series of "CountryGate" open mics at 1861 Saloon behind the Casino in Charles Town, 8-11 pm, your host this week is Rob Rowe from the band UnWound. ... On Thursday 2/28 we jam LongShots Billiards again with Fred Tepper & Friends, special guest Eric Selby on the drums. Come get you some !
Feb. 2013 ...
- Here's some news and our event schedule through Feb. 11th ...
No open mic Sunday 2/3 ... Super Bowl and Steak Night at Dub V Pub Martinsburg ...
Our "Blue Monday" jam series at Jekyll & Hyde Tavern in Frederick continues to grow ... because of great folks like you ! Musicians sign up to jam ... friends and fans join us for the best of our local talent on a great stage. this week I'll be hosting with Duffy Kane and Jeff Gillis ... 7:30-10:30 pm.
Thursday jam in Charles Town 8-11 pm at LongShots Billiards ... come welcome Milkfoot (aka Christopher Leipold) as he leads the host band of JR Everhart on drums, Dennis on bass and very special guest Ricky Wilkins on keyboards and vocals ... Musicians sign up to jam, bands welcome ... fans and friends, we appreciate you ! Steak night special ... just like old times !
For our jazz musician and fan friends ... The Thursday Night Jazz Jam continues this Thursday at Jekyll & Hyde at 906 North East St in Frederick from 7:30 to 10:30. Anita Thomas, Gene Sprenkle, and Ted Jenkins are hosts again this week. They have some special guests planned to attend and look forward to another great time. The jam is open to all skill levels and all ages.
On Friday 2/8 our friend Rob Rowe will be playing Country & Rock solo acoustic at the new 1861 Saloon behind the Casino in Charles Town.
Call (304) 725-6625 for more information.
Stay tuned for more details on our upcoming Monday night "CountryGate" series of open mics at the 1861 Saloon ... start date TBA soon.
Host rotation will include Rob Rowe, Duffy Kane, Ricky Wilkins, the Dill Pickers and more of our best local talent.
Sunday 2/10 Open Mic at Dub V Pub 7-10 pm will be rockin' ! ... Justin Lowans is your host that night.
Monday 2/11 Blue Monday jam at Jekyll & Hyde 7:30-10:30 will be hosted by Paul Pfau with Andy Hamburger on drums, I got da bass.
We appreciate your support, thanks !
Jamming into 2013 ...
- Blue Monday Jams at Jekyll & Hyde in Frederick will resume on Jan. 7th from 7:30 - 10:30 pm. ...
we've had such great support from the local musicians that we're gonna change up and do shorter host band opening sets on Mondays to give you more playing time ...
1/7 ... Duffy Kane & Friends.
1/14 ... Paul Pfau & Friends
1/21 ... Dave Gorozdos & Friends (Dave's a great keys man and vocalist) ...
Y'all git pickers are welcome to sit in from the start.
1/28 ... Paul Pfau & Friends
Starting on Jan. 17th our Thursday jam nights return to our 1st real "Home" in Charles Town ... the place where most of us 1st met and jammed, the venue where we recorded most of our "Welcome to BluesGate Jams" CD ... the venue where Paul Pfau began his blues career ... Yep ! ... We're back at LongShots Billiards ! ... great stage, dance floor, real food, friendly service and reasonable prices ... Stay tuned for the host band line-up ... we just may have a few surprises for you.
Thanks again for a great 2012 ... we could not have kept this scene going since 2008 without You !
Happy Holidays !
- Wishing everyone a safe and joyous Holiday season. Our Thursday jams at Paddy's in Charles Town have ended, but we'll announce a new venue soon. The "Blue Monday" jams at Jekyll & Hyde's in Frederick are doing well, we will resume on Jan. 7th, 2013. Sunday open mics at Dub V Pub continue through the Holidays with Rob Rowe on 12/23 and Billy Thompson on 12/30, both are 7-10 pm. Thanks for a great 2012 !
BluesGate Secret Santa 2012 ... for your favorite charity
It's the season of giving ... It's actually a series of events so we can "gift" each other in celebration of the Holidays by giving to each others' favorite charities ...
On 12/6, 12/8 and 12/13 at Paddy's in Charles Town we'll be asking those who wish to participate to write their name and favorite charity on a slip of paper ... on 12/15 and 12/20 we will each draw a slip from "Da Hat" and donate to that person's charity in his/her name (suggested $20 limit). We've all been blessed to have our music, our friendships and our families. Let's share with those less fortunate as we honor each other.
For our friends in Frederick, we will be bringing "BG S.S. 2012" to Jekyll and Hydes on Mondays, too ! We'll put our names and favorite charities in "Da Hat" on 12/3 and 12/10 and draw on 12/17.
Together, we will make a big difference in many lives this year.
Stay tuned for more updates, any questions or suggestions are very welcome at email@example.com or on Facebook at "BluesGate Jams" ... Thank you
Nov 19th - 25th
- So many friends to be thankful for ! ... Jamming Monday at Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant & Tavern in Frederick from 7-10:30 pm with this week's host band, Sonny Carrico, Frederic Tepper and Paul Shultzaberger ...
Paul Pfau at Longshots Billiards Tuesday open mic 7-10 pm ... No jam on Thursday this week at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town (Happy Thanksgiving) ... Sunday is "an evening with Billy Thompson at Dubvpub Martinsburg from 7-10 pm ... this one is not an open mic, it's Billy in concert. Stay safe as you travel, enjoy family ... Thanks for your support.
Nov. 5th - 12th
- Five live music events this week ... tonight we jam in Frederick at Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant & Tavern 7:30-10:30 pm ... ThrowBack Tuesday open mic at Longshots Billiards features Duffy Kane 7-10 pm ... Thursday is my birthday jam at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town 8-11 pm hosted by the Paul Pfau Trio ... Saturday I'm gigging 9-midnight at Captain Benders Tavern with Jimmy Long & Friends ... Sunday open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg 7-10 pm with Rob Rowe ... Next Monday's jam at Jekyll & Hyde will be hosted by Paul Pfau and Friends ... Thanks for your support !
November 2012 ... week 1
- Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town jam this Thursday Nov. 1 will be hosted by Eddie Becker, Michael Thomas (Chopper), Bob Simmons and yours truly ...
Sunday open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg will be hosted by Justin L P Lowans 7-10 pm ... Monday we jam for the 1st time at Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant & Tavern in Frederick from 7:30-10:30 hosted by Duffy Kane and Friends ... next Tuesday's open mic at LongShots' will be hosted by Duffy Kane. Come get you some !
10/23 to 10/28
- What's up in Jam Land this week ? Glad you asked ...
"ThrowBack Tuesday" open mic at Longshots Billiards 7-10 pm ... hosted by Ricky Wilkins, one of our region's most talented and versatile keyboard players ! ... our Thursday jam at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town 8-11 pm will be hosted by Jimmy Long with special guest drummer Bob Simmons from the band Kosmik Debris and I got da bass ! ... Sunday's open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg 7-10 pm features Rob Rowe rockin' some country tunes and more ! See ya 'round town ! Thanks.
Oct. 16th thru Oct. 21st ...
- Live local music this week ... so much talent 'round town ! ...
Tom Flegal open mic Tuesday 7-10 pm at Longshots Billiards ...
Paul Pfau solo show Tues. 6-9 pm at Beasley's Books and Eccentricities ...
Frederic Tepper and Friends host Thurs. jam 8-11 pm at Paddy's ...
Dill Pickers BlueGrass jam Friday 9-midnite at Tap House ...
Rob Rowe rockin' some Country Sat. 7-10 pm at Beasley's ...
Duffy Kane open mic Sunday 7-10 pm at Dubvpub Martinsburg ...
Rollin' into October !
- Yes it's gonna be a very good week ... spread the word, please ...
Paul Pfau is back hosting the jam at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town on Thursday ... Tom Flegal has been pleasing audiences from Florida to the Valley for decades ... Ricky Wilkins hosting at Dub V on keys (there's a new twist) ... and Duffy Kane is a 10 finger symphony doing blues (oh yeah !) and Country from the 60's and 70's at Longshots Billiards.
Sat. 9/29 Tom Flegal solo at Beasley's Books and Eccentricities 7-10 pm ...
Sun. 9/30 Ricky Wilkins open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg 7-10 pm.
Tues. 10/2 Duffy Kane open mic at Longshots Billiards 7-10 pm.
Thurs. 10/4 Paul Pfau Trio hosts at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town 8-11 pm.
Some News ... Thanks for your support !
- Six great live local music events this week !
Tuesday 9/18 I'll be at Beasley's Books and Eccentricities for Musicians Meet-up Night ... it's 6-9 pm. I have the honor of hosting the 1st clinic and discussion group on marketing your live music events. Musicians have taught me so much, and I want to share and also to learn from your experiences. We'll start around 6:30-7:30 or so. Before and after, you may hang, network, grab a sandwich and a beer, jam or whatever your Muse inspires you to do. Hope to see a lot of my player friends out for this ...
We're also kicking off "Throwback Tuesdays" at Longshots Billiards from 7-10 and I'll make a late appearance there to support Rob Rowe and Friends as he brings you Country Classic hits from the 70's and 80's ...
Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town jam night on Thursdays gets better every week, Thanks ! Your jam host band this week is Chopper's I-IV-V Band ... Drums, PA, back line provided for you players ... a variety of music by the best of our local talent ... so come to the party ... Big Fun in Charles Town !
Friday 9/21 is our "Third Friday" BlueGrass Jam at the Tap House ... hosted by the Dill Pickers from 9-midnight !
Saturday night Jimmy Long and Friends in concert at Paddy's Irish Pub from 9-midnight, no cover ... I'll be backing Jimmy on bass, with Nick "Big-Head Fred" on drums and Skip Grove on sax ... player friends are always welcome to sit on for a few ! Jimmy wails on some "rock-a-boogie", blues and classic rock tunes !
Sunday's unplugged open mic at Dub V Pub will be hosted by Duffy Kane ... starts 7-10 pm and the steak night special gets rave reviews ... so come hungry !
Thanks to all for you're continued support ... sure feels good to be growing again
September 2012 ...
- Big fun this week ! ... Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town jam Thursday hosted by Justin L P Lowans with Bob Simmons and me backing him up on 9/6... 8-11 pm.
... Billy Thompson solo at Beasley's Books and Eccentricities on Saturday from 7-10 pm. ... and our Sunday open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg will also be hosted by Billy T. from 7-10 pm ... Come join us ! ... Thanks !
Whole lotta shakin' going on !
- Tues. is "Bike Night" at Beasley's Books and Eccentricities from 6-9 pm with Acoustic Blues Revue featuring Dan Cronin and Mark Dorosh ... Thursday we jam electric at Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town from 8-11 pm with Duffy Kane and Friends ... this Saturday catch Pocket Deep live from 9-12 pm at the Brass Ring Pub WV and our Sunday unplugged open mic at Dubvpub Martinsburg from 7-10 will be hosted by Justin L P Lowans ... please spread the word, we got lots of great music and good times here Jefferson County !!! ... Paddy's Irish Pub, Charles Town has earned rave reviews the last couple of weeks from our players, fans and friends for exceptional food and service. The venue is clean, non smoking inside, with a nice courtyard with tables out back behind the stage for those of us who do smoke. They even have a separate bar and dining room for those who wish some quiet time, LOL ! ... We appreciate your support, let's keep a good thing growing ! Hosting this week with Duffy Kane !
- The 3rd Annual FanFest River Party Jam on the Potomac was a huge success ! Thanks to all the players and fans who participated this year ... We currently have our weekly unplugged open mics every Sunday at Dub V Pub Martinsburg from 7-10 pm. ... Our Thursday jams at Tap House have been suspended, look for us there on occasional Saturdays ... our new home for the Thursday electric jam night will be Paddy's Irish Pub on Liberty St. in Charles Town with the big kick-off jam on August 16th from 8-11 pm. ... August 11th is a very special benefit jam for a very special little girl that needs our help. More info on the Benefit for Jada Stup and all our events can be found at www.facebook.com/bluesgate or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come get you some Big Fun ! Thanks.
June 2012 ... Summertime Blues and More !
- Happy to announce a few new projects in the works, with more to come soon. Join us for our electric blues-based Jam every Thursday at Tap House in Charles Town from 8-11. We have a rotation of host bands and provide drums, PA and back line for jammers. Sign up, everybody plays ! If your thing is more laid back, unplugged style, we host an open mic every Sunday at Dub V Pub in Martinsburg from 7-10. I'm back out gigging again and will be rockin' Paddy's Irish Pub on Liberty St. in Charles Town 6/16 with Jimmy Long, Nick Bighead Fred Pizzola and a special guest from 8-11, no cover. Of course, our gigs are jam friendly and we welcome friends to sit in for a few through the night. Our 3rd annual BluesGate Fan Appreciation River Party Jam will be July 28th from noon till dark. It's by invitation and for all those players and fans who have been part of our l'il scene these last few years. If you were there for either of the last two parties, you know where it is and what we do ... if you weren't and are interested please e-mail me at email@example.com ... ... visit us on facebook at www.facebook.com/bluesgate for more info on the events, hosts, venues and specials. Thanks for your participation and support.
April 2012 ... We're glad to have you with us !
- So ... it's been a few years and we're still having fun hosting open electric jams with an ever changing rotation of host bands at some great area venues ... we also continue to bring you an "unplugged open mic" alternative ... Here's the current schedule ... Every Tuesday we jam electric at J & T's in Inwood, WV from 8-11, it's a classic rock based open jam hosted by JR Everhart and Friends. Every Thursday electric blues based jam at Tap House in Charles Town, WV from 8-11 with a rotation of host bands. Every Sunday unplugged open mic at Dub V Pub in Martinsburg WV 7-10 with a rotation of host musicians ... visit us on facebook at www.facebook.com/bluesgate for more info on the events, hosts, venues and specials. Thanks for your participation and support.
2012 ... Big Fun !
- Every Tuesday we jam electric at J & T's in Inwood, WV from 8-11, it's a classic rock based open jam hosted by JR Everhart and Friends. Every Thursday electric blues based jam at Tap House in Charles Town, WV from 8-11 with a rotation of host bands. Every Sunday unplugged open mic at Dub V Pub in Martinsburg WV 7-10 with a rotation of host musicians.
Starting 2/19 we present a new Sunday electric jam at Paddy's Steakhouse in Stafford, Va. from 5-9. We're grateful for the support of our many musician friends over the years, and we look forward to expanding our scene in 2012. Please check us out at www.facebook.com/bluesgate and send any comments, suggestions or questions to Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org ... Thanks, Peoples !
Fall ... and forward !
- Thanks to you we're still throwin' the best jam parties ... Tues. nights 8-11 at J & T's in Inwood, every 2nd Wed. of the month 8-11 at Sweet Caroline's in Winchester, every Thurs. 8-11 at the Tap House in Charles Town. Our unplugged open mic nights are going strong at Tap House every Fri. 7-10 and at Dub V Pub every Sunday 7-10.
More information at "BluesGate Jams" on facebook or e-mail any comments, suggestions or questions to email@example.com. Thanks !!!
Spread the word ! September special Events ... stay tuned !
- September 14th is the date for our monthly Big Jam at Sweet Caroline's in Winchester (now always the 2nd Wednesday 7:30-11)and your host band will be Billy Thompson and Friends www.billythompsonmusic.com .......... People, get ready ... HighRoad Music Productions will present our debut event on 9/18 at Sweet Carolines ! Are you ready for a memorable all-day indoor multi-genre magic music festival with all proceeds going to some very worthy causes ?
You are ready ? Good ... Mark your calendars and stay tuned for details ! ....... and we're also pleased to announce Major news!!! The J. Factor in correlation with Bluesgate Jams will start hosting a open mic night at J&T's Neighborhood Sports Bar in Darkesville, WV (about a mile north of Inwood along Rt.11) every Tues night starting Sept 27th from 8 till 11pm. This will give everyone a chance to come set in with us or bring your band out to jam. It's going to be "THE" happening place to be every Tuesday night. J&T's will be running dinner specials every week so get there early and get some grub ........... The rest of our September Jam calendar will be posted soon. Thanks for your friendship and continued support.
August and forward ...
- Posting Aug. update a l'il late ... things have been crazy busy, in a very good way. You'll be seeing some major changes as we move forward thru August and into December ... we're moving back to our "roots" and will be mixing in many old and new friends to host our events. Along with your old favorites Billy Thompson and Dan Cronin, We've added Rob Rowe for some country and southern rock to mix in with our favorite blues, Tom Flegal is going strong, Jimmy Cherry, Jimmy Long, Jeff Taulton and Eric Fredenburg are back (both unplugged and electric), Todd Coyle is back unplugged and I'm especially pleased to host the Tap House Jam on 8/11 with Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band with special guest drummer J.R. Everhart of the "J. Factor". Also please welcome John Ware hosting unplugged open mic stylr for his 1st time on 8/14 T Dub V Pub and sweet Viqui Dill on bass with Eric and Friends at the Tap House on 8/18.
Stay tuned for more news in the upcoming (and posted soon) September blog update as we celebrate adding more new venues, more variety, and more opportunities for this wonderful community of musicians, fans and friends. Once again, let me thank you for your continued support and the love you've shown me and each other ! Dig it !
July 2011 ...
- and the jams continue ... Thursdays 8-11 open electric jam at the Tap House in Charles Town, 42.50 any draft and a good $10.95 steak dinner ... Fridays 7-10 at Tap House unplugged open mic ... Saturdays 4-8 unplugged open mic on the new covered deck at Dirty Dawg saloon in Martinsburg sponsored by Q BBQ Company with a nice mix of country and blues music ... ... the monthly jam night at Sweet Caroline's in Winchester will be on Wednesday July 13th from 8-11 with the Paul Pfau Blues band hosting ... ... Our 2nd annual "BluesGate FanFest" is on July 30th from noon till dark ... Where you there last year ? Then you know it's an all day jam party on the Potomac River with an outdoor stage, live music, river sports, community grilling, camping and a boat ramp for those so inclined. Bring your lawn chairs, a side dish or something to grill and BYOB.
This event is to show our appreciation of the many fans, players, jammers, venue(s) staff and host musicians that supported our little scene for these past few years. We thank you !
Since it's sort a private party, if you don't know the location, please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org ... the address will NOT be made public. If you've been thinking about checking us out ... you'd be welcome, too.
June 2011 ... Update
- Thursdays 8-11 open electric jam at the Tap House in Charles Town, 42.50 any draft and a good $10.95 steak dinner ... Fridays 7-10 at tap house unplugged open mic ... Saturdays 4-8 unplugged open mic on the new covered deck at Dirty Dawg saloon in Martinsburg sponsored by Q BBQ Company with a nice mix of country and blues music ... Sundays 7-11 open electric jam at the Dub V Pub in Martinsburg. It's all good ! ... please visit us on FaceBook at "BluesGate Jams" ... Thanks.
What's the newest ? Glad you asked ...
- Saturday afternoons at the Dirty Dawg Saloon in Martinsburg ... sponsored by Q Company BBQ ... from 2-6 p.m. join us for an unplugged open mic on the new back deck. Blues, Brews and BBQ !
As of May 1st here's what we got ...
Sundays 7-11, electric open jam at Dub V Pub, Martinsburg.
Sundays 6-9, electric open jam at Bentz St. Sports Bar, Frederick.
Thursdays 8-11, electric open jam at Tap House, Charles Town
Fridays 7-10, unplugged open mic at Tap House, Charles Town.
Fridays 8-11, electric open jam at Legends on the Square, Hagerstown ... "Blues in the Cellar".
Also 1st Wed. of the month (2nd Wed. in May due to Apple Blossom festival) 7-11, open jam at Sweet Caroline's, Winchester.
We're soon starting an MTV style unplugged jam on Tuesdays and an outdoor acoustic blues jam on Saturday afternoons at two new area venues ... will have more info soon. Thanks for helping us spread the word ! Sign up sheets are always available, musicians are most welcome and we're blessed to have a good following of fans who dig what we do. Host band varies to keep things fresh, and brings PA, drums and back line to the electric jams ... PA and mics to the unplugged sessions. Bands are welcome to do "special guest mini sets" and many of them get booked by the venues for week-end gigs. We do offer some great networking opportunities to our local player friends.
Although our electric jams are blues based, we do encourage any baby-boomer friendly music, and our unplugged open mics do tend to attract a range of genres.
All of our host bands are selected from the best of the jammers that support us and are available to run jams.
new Sunday jam in Frederick 5/1 at Bentz St. Sports bar !
Bentz Street Sports Bar
6 South Bentz Street
Frederick, MD 21704
The place to go for great food, live entertainment, sports (50 televisions) and billiards ... and now we present our open jam nights every Sunday 6-9 or a bit later. Musicians' sign up starts at 5:00.
Our jams have a rotation of host bands to supply PA, drums and back line, and to assist jammers as needed with their mini-sets.
Come enjoy some spontaneous music and catch the best of our local talent doing what we love to do for you ... it's a good time !
BluesGate April 2011 ...
- Updated the Calendar, click on any date for details of host bands, venue, times etc. ________ April continues the tradition of our Tap House Jams ... electric blues rock jam every Thursday 8-11 with $2.50 any draft and a $10.95 steak dinner ... and on Fridays 7-10 we host an un-plugged "all music" open mic ... come get "Tapped" ! _________ Every Sunday 6-10 in Martinsburg we jam electric at the Dub V Pub on Rt. 11 ________ April 1st begins our new Friday series of open electric Blues Jams in Hagerstown 8-11 at Legends on the Square (formerly the Peach Pub) __________ April 6th we return to Sweet Caroline's in Winchester 7-11 for the 2nd of our monthly "1st Wednesday Hump-Day Blues" Jams hosted again by Paul Pfau and Friends with Neil Bartley on keyboards. ________ April 17th you'll find us jamming in the afternoon at Valley EarthFest 2011 in Berryville Va. with Paul Pfau and Friends, Billy Thompson, Kathleen McGrath and there's an eclectic schedule of great bands all day.
Bringin' the Blues back again ... Sweet's, April 6 ... Paul Pfau !
Paul Pfau brings a Crew back to Sweet Caroline's for the 2nd in a series of monthly open blues jams ... I'll be joining him in the host band along with Jamie Leonard on drums and Neil Bartley on keys. Hope you'll join us.
Doors open at 5:00 ... sign up for jammers at 6:30 ... live music starts at 7:00 and Paul's host band plays a hot little set at 8:00 !
After that we mix it up with the best of our area's musicians for the rest of the night. Come out for some great live spontaneous blues ...
and make some new friends.
Sweet Caroline's Inc
* 29 West Cork St
Winchester, VA 22601
New weekly Friday Jam in Hagerstown !
- Legends On The Square
43 South Potomac ... 240.625.9491
Hagerstown, MD, 21740 _________ every Friday night we bring the blues and other "baby boomer friendly" music with a rotation of Host Bands ... and we mix it up with some of the area's finest musicians ... great spontaneous live music, bring your instrument to join in, bring your dancing shoes ... gonna be a good time !
www.bluesgate.com for more information, calendar and videos.
4/1 ( no foolin') hosted by Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band
4/8 your host is the Dru Lore Band
4/15 Paul Pfau and Friends
4/22 the Kathleen McGrath Band
Come get you some !
- Sweet Carolines Jam was a huge success, we'll be back on the 1st Wednesday of every month. Stay tuned for details as we expand this jam to four hours ! Paul Pfau and Friends will host again on April 6th. Billy Thompson and some Blues Gators host in May.
March 2nd Jam at Sweet's with Paul Pfau
- We're bringing the blues back to Sweet's and we hope you'll join us for some great music and a def good time ! It's a Jam, so we welcome area musicians to sign up and enjoy a night of spontaneous musical adventure ...
I'm on bass, Jamie Leonard on drums, Neil Bartley on the B3 and piano and vocals, fronted by Paul Pfau on git and soul strut, haha.
We'll do the 1st set and open the stage to our jammer friends, we'll mix it up and drive it low down for a night of big blues fun.
Sweet's has a killer sound system, great dance floor and the service, food and beverages you be wanting. Cover is $5.
This will be a monthly (or more frequent) event ... if you want it.
We hope to see you there !
- Just updated the calendar !
Benefit Concert ... no cover, donate what you can.
Saturday, March 5 at 7:00pm - March 6 at 12:00am
Nan and Pop's
3485 Winchester Ave (next to Pikeside Bowl)
BluesGate Jams, Justin L P Lowans, J.R. Everhart
benefit concert and jam for fellow musician Dave Mast on March 5th at Nan and Pop's Place ... Bike Rally before the 7:00 start of a night of great music with Unknown Origins, Stone Cold Red, Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band and Youngblood ... followed by a late night Jam session featuring many of your favorite local players.
February Jams ... Thursdays, Fridays and new Sunday Jams !
- New Jam series every Sunday at the DubVPub on Rt. 11 (Winchester Ave.) in Martinsburg. We jam 6-10:00 with sign up starting at 5:00. First event will be held on 2/13 with the Kathleen McGrath Band hosting. www.kathleenmcgrath.com for band bio and vids. Host band changes weekly, check our calendar for details. We provide drums, P.A. and back line.
Host band plays the first 40 min. set and then we open it up for the jammers. _________________ Thursdays we're jamming at the Tap House in Charles Town 8-11 with a great group of players and fans. Host Bands for Feb. include Billy Thompson backed by some Blues Gators ... Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band ... Paul Pfau and SCB ... and the Kathleen McGrath Band. _____________________ Is the unplugged open mic your scene ? We host unplugged every Friday at the Tap House 7-10:00 ... bring your instrument of choice, def bring your voice ! _______________ Questions, comments or suggestions ? Please contact me at email@example.com or 304-676-8128. Thanks for your support of live local music !
January Jams ...
- Well it's the 9th of January ... here's the rest ...
1/13 Tap House Jam 8-11 hosted by Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band featuring Ricky Wilkens on keys.
1/14 Tap House unplugged jam hosted by Billy Thompson 7-10 ... www.billythompsonmusic.com
1/20 Tap House Jam 8-11 with Paul Pfau and SmoothCat Burglars featuring Kenny Barfield pickin' his git.
1/21 Tap House acoustic open mic with your host Dan Cronin.
1/27 Tap House Jam 8-11 with the Kathleen McGrath Band hosting, featuring Todd Coyle and Nolan Church on keys.
1/28 Tap House unplugged jam hosted by Chef Eric.
The Hideaway in Martinsburg has been sold, so our Tues jams may be looking for a new home. They're suspended for now, expect an update soon.
We're also looking for a venue to host Sunday Jams ...\
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions. Thanks !
2011 Plans ... your responses are most welcome
- 2011 will bring some changes, but the essence of what we do will remain the same ... we host jam nites and events that attract the best of our local music talent and a very appreciative and loyal audience of music lovers. We organize and promote the events so the venues make money with minimal effort, and we ensure that participating players have a positive experience. Our jams have a rotation of host bands to supply PA, drums and back line, and to assist jammers as needed with their mini-sets. We have over 2 years experience and venue references.
Bluesgate is currently seeking additional venue locations for weekly jams and monthly showcases. Our fees are reasonable and all monies are split between the host band members. We specialize in electric jams, but also produce unplugged open-mic style sessions. In spite of the BG name, we are not limited to blues, but are open to all "baby-boomer friendly music" ... We also offer related services such as mobile recording,video production and live webcasting,band promotion and band booking.
At this time, I would like to ask for your suggestions, comments and questions. Thank you all for your support.
let's all take this to the next level in 2011. We can do it if we work together. Talk to me, people ...
email@example.com works best, thanks !
- December jam hosts ... Eddie Becker Band with Waverly Milor, Ricky J. Trio, Kathleen McGrath Band with Todd Coyle, Milkfoot's Live Steam Blues Band, Billy Thompson and Friends ... Tuesdays 8-11 at the Hideaway Lounge and Thursdays 8-11 at the Tap House. Unplugged open mics 7-10 on Fridays 12/3 with Can Cronin and 12/17 with Paul Pfau.
---------- Special BluesGate Christmas Party on Saturday 12/11 at the Tap House with Paul Pfau and the SmoothCat Burglars ... Paul's last scheduled show with SCB ... Hope you can join us !
- Current Jam scene is Tuesdays 8-11 at Hideaway in Martinsburg and Thursdays 8-11 at the Tap House in Charles Town, as well as an unplugged open mic on Fridays 7-10 at the Tap House. Hosts include the Paul Pfau Trio, Kathleen McGrath Band featuring Todd Coyle, Billy Thompson, Dan Cronin and more.
- Jams every Thursday 8-11 at the Tap House, every Friday unplugged open mic 7-10 at the Tap House. Tuesday all-blues jam 8-11 at the Hideaway. Check our calendar for additional info on gigs, festival appearances and other events.
Thanks for your support and please help us spread the word.